Are you guilty of applying makeup when you go to a beach trip? Do you want to shorten your morning get-ready process but can’t leave the contouring out? Do you have a beach date and want to feel your best without using makeup? Are you on vacations and want to look your best without committing to applying makeup everyday?
Today I am bringing you my little Summer beauty secret using the tantouring technique. I do this mostly in the Summertime but this technique will be helpful for any season of the year and I’ll tell you why.
Tantouring is about contouring with self tanner. I have no idea who came up with this idea but it’s BRILLIANT.
Why I love it so much? My makeup free look levels up thanks to this technique. It takes less than 15 minutes to apply, 1 to 3 hours to dry and the results last 1 week. One week that I save time in the morning by just applying a bb cream or… nothing if you may.
Keep reading for more details on how to achieve the look.
Products I used:
- Gradual Tanning Lotion: A gradual tanner is a nice base for tantouring because it moistures your skin and give it a glow. It won’t give you color overnight but you can keep applying it everyday to prolongate the results of your tan-touring. Get it oil-free so it doesn’t get it difficult to blend the contour look.
I used the Gentle Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturizer
- Self Tanning Mouse: This will be the product you’ll use to contour your face. Make sure it’s a mouse and not a lotion or it could get difficult to apply. It’s better to get one that’s darker than your usual self tanning products (2 or 3 shades darker)
I used the Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Dark Tan Mousse
- Two Makeup Blending Brushes: You’ll use one to apply the mouse and the other one to blend it.
I used the BH Cosmetics Makeup Brush
- Apply your gradual tanning lotion on your face. Let it dry.
- Apply self-tanning mouse on a plate to avoid staining your skin. Now contour your face with it as if you do with regular makeup.
- After you’ve applied the tanner, take a blending brush and blend your tanner.
- Let it dry for 1 hour (I do it for 3 hours so it lasts longer)
- Rinse your face with cold water and glow!